Sunday, January 11, 2009

I've lost my mind.

It's been a whirlwind tour so far with my friends Steve Chalke and Ruth Dearnley - both champions of stopthetraffik - founder and CEO respectively.
They are forces for justice in the world - beyond the role of UN special advisor for community action against human traffiking - they actually do something... not just talkers but walkers.
Steve eloquently explained the difference between dreamers and visionaries today as action... not just thoughts of justice but a life of justice... I'm into the later. And on that note he also suggested that the prayer Jesus taught us coupled with the Paul's advice to pray without ceasing are really about living out the prayer - being the prayer... being driven and caught and embodied with the vision of God's Kingdom on earth as it is in Heaven... top that off with losing my mind at INSANE (and this is just the first night!)... we did a little chant that I just might adopt in the future as well - here's a taste:
If being INSANE means standing up for the rights of the poor then:
I"VE LOST MY MIND
If being INSANE means paying more for a fairly traded t-shirt to challenge a depraved industry then:
I"VE LOST MY MIND
If being INSANE means walking in solidarity with the oppressed and exploited then:
I"VE LOST MY MIND
If being INSANE means spending hours late a night dreaming and scheming to change the world and loose the chains of injustice then:
I"VE LOST MY MIND...
If being INSANE means giving up my favourite chocolate until the cocoa slaves are free then:
I"VE LOST MY MIND...

you get the picture. I've always had a hunch I was a few fries short of a happy meal - tonight has confirmed it.
Anyone care to join me?

No comments: